“Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is an evidence-based, tiered framework for supporting students' behavioral, academic, social, emotional, and mental health.”
-from the Center on PBIS
Here at Will Rogers we follow the Mustang 4. We set clear expectations, teach the expected behaviors, and regularly acknowledge students for things they do well.
Our Behavior Matrix can be found by clicking this link: Behavior Matrix
Throughout the year, the PBIS Leadership Team will run boosters that teach and reward expected behaviors. Boosters will be on data and target student outcomes that need to be improved.
Scholarly Students Booster
We will be rewarding students that make scholarly choices that will help them learn.
Classes that have no minor or major referrals for defiance, disrespect, or disruption will have a chance to win
free time in class, walk out 10 minutes early to lunch, watch a video, or homework passes.
If you would like to send a Shout Out to a Staff Member or Student, please click the link below!
To participate in activities at Will Rogers, all students must be eligible and on the Inclusion List. Requirements are as follows:
1. 2.0 or higher effort GPA for the previous grading term. This can be seen on student's or parent's portal and on report cards.
2. 8 or fewer tardies in the current quarter
3. 8 or fewer cell phone violations in the current quarter
4. 4 or fewer major referrals for the current quarter
5. No in school or home suspensions for the current quarter