The mission of Will Rogers, a student centered middle school that values diversity, is to inspire every student to achieve their highest potential, grow in self confidence and be college and career ready through meaningful learning experiences, challenging innovative instruction and strong partnerships with students, staff, parents and the community.
- All students will demonstrate continual growth toward common core standards through multiple measures of assessment.
- Upon transition to high school, every student will acquire and apply college and career readiness skills, including critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, written and oral communication.
- In order to become contributing, responsible and caring members of our diverse community, all students will consistently demonstrate the character traits of Pride, Ownership, Wisdom, Excellence and Respect (P.O.W.E.R.)
- By 2017, in order to ensure success for all students, achievement gaps between the highest lowest performing groups will be reduced by 50%.
The Will Rogers Middle School strategic plan identifies four tactics to achieve the school's mission and objectives.
1. We will foster student led goal setting and provide opportunities for evaluation of academic and behavioral objectives.
2. We will employ innovative instructional practices to maximize student achievement and engagement
3. We will continue to build trusting relationships with students, families and the community to create a unified collaborative and safe environment.
Meet our Staff
Click on the following link to see some short videos introducing some of Will Rogers' staff. https://flip.com/ba884cf8